Due: October 20, 2020
The National Safe Boating Council (NSBC) is the lead agency aimed at promoting safe boating practices through education, outreach and training. NSBC’s Get Connected campaign is designed to educate and promote the use of engine cut-off devices. It is produced under a grant from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, administered by the U.S. Coast Guard.
In the last couple of years, legislation has been passed in several states requiring the wearing of engine cut-off devices as a standard safety feature. Additionally, technology has advanced to include a variety of wireless devices for the boat operator and man overboard wristbands for passengers, not just the operator. With these changes, an augmented campaign will educate boaters on the latest devices and state requirements. Using an engine cut-off device is an action every responsible powerboater should take, and the campaign will reinforce the importance of this action.
The National Safe Boating Council will provide the awarded agency existing files for the Get Connected campaign, including logo and brand guidelines. Learn more at www.getconnectedboating.org.
Professional Services Needed Include:
- Design Services: Creative design is needed for a booklet (up to 40 pages), flyer (2-sided), letterhead, cover for resource kit, PPT deck (master slides), animated video (15, 30 and 60 second versions), social media images and GIFs (up to 10 total, sized for Facebook and Twitter), print ads (8.5”x11”, 2 versions), web banners (up to 4 total), outdoor banner (4’x6’), roll-up banner (2 sizes to be provided, 2 designs), educational giveaway item (design only), and re-sizes of ads as needed for paid ad placements.
- Writer: Writer will review and update talking points, then write flyer, fact sheet, press release, resource kit, and 15, 30, and 60 second video scripts. Individual will also be responsible for reviewing/editing/additional writing as needed for the booklet content (NSBC will provide draft 1) and writing 5–10 questions for a digital survey.
- Subject Matter Expert: The subject matter expert should be knowledgeable of engine cut-off devices, and will review, edit and add relevant information to talking points, flyer, fact sheet, and press release.
- Web Developer: Developer will create a landing page (compatible with WordPress CMS), design elements and images as needed for the page, populate page with content and marketing items, and create redirect URL.
Please note, it is better to deliver a high-quality service in one area than poor products across various service areas.
Target audiences: Recreational boaters (including, users of small [21-feet and less] open motorboats and personal watercraft users). Please see the U.S. Coast Guard’s 2019 Recreational Boating Statistics for further insights.
Assumptions and Agreements
The project bid may not exceed the amounts outlined below for each professional service. The National Safe Boating Council reserves the right to dismiss a project bid for any reason.
- Design Services: $15,000
- Writer: $5,000
- Subject Matter Expert(s): $1,250 per subject matter expert
- Web Developer: $4,000
Estimated Project Timeline
The estimated project timeline is November 1 – June 30. The goal is to have the items approved and ready to promote by May 1 for the summer boating season. Please note, all materials are subject to National Safe Boating Council and U.S. Coast Guard approval, so please plan accordingly.
Any questions must be emailed by end of day on October 16, 2020 to Yvonne Pentz, Communications Director, National Safe Boating Council, at email@example.com. Answers to all questions will be shared with any agencies interested in the RFP by end of day on October 18, 2020.
The final bid is due by October 20, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT to firstname.lastname@example.org. The agency will be notified no later than October 26 if selected. Bids will be reviewed for: creativity, originality, qualifications and required format.
- Page 1: Letter introduction including agency information with specific qualifications relative to this project
- Page 2: Bios, headshots and contact information of the agency team members NSBC will be directly working with on this project.
- Up to 2 pages: Scope of services and budget
- 1 page: References, 3 current clients and 1 past client
- Up to three pages: Examples of work