Due: December 16, 2020
The National Safe Boating Council’s BoatOnCourse.com is a free educational website for the boating public with instructional videos and quizzes about boating navigation rules, markers and additional boating safety information. The website has an online quiz accompanying each educational video so participants can quickly and easily assess their knowledge. BoatOnCourse.com is produced under a grant from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, administered by the U.S. Coast Guard.
The NSBC is seeking skilled marketers, website developers, and a video production team to create four new videos and quizzes, and improve site visitor experience. BoatOnCourse.com needs new content specific to the paddling community and an enhanced website experience. The goal is to educate thousands of paddlers before they launch and reduce the numbers of accidents and fatalities on the water. The target audience includes paddlers and liveries: canoe, kayak, and SUP. All program materials, including but not limited to the logo, website, videos, quizzes, are the exclusive property of the NSBC.
Please provide an estimate for one or more of the services below to Peg Phillips, executive director, National Safe Boating Council, 703-361-4294, email@example.com, by close of business on December 16. Any questions must be received by end of day on December 10.
Bids will be reviewed for: creativity, originality, qualifications and required format.
- Page 1: Letter introduction including agency information with specific qualifications relative to this project
- Page 2: Bios, headshots and contact information of the agency team members NSBC will be directly working with on this project.
- Up to 2 pages: Scope of services and budget
- 1 page: References, 3 current clients and 1 past client
- Up to three pages: Examples of work
Assumptions and Agreements
The National Safe Boating Council reserves the right to dismiss a project bid for any reason.
Professional Services Areas
The NSBC is seeking proposals for the following professional services areas. Please note, it is better to deliver a high-quality service in one area than poor products across various service areas.
Subject Matter Expert
- Must be knowledgeable in paddling nomenclature and navigation rules
- Write and edit video scripts for the following topics: 1) sharing the waterways, mixed use vessels; 2) launch areas, boater etiquette; 3) channels, how to navigate as a paddler; and 4) safety equipment (i.e. life jackets, personal locator beacon, signaling devices, and other safety gear for paddlers)
- Write a 10 question multiple choice question quiz for each video topic, focused on ensuring each viewer has achieved a learning objective of 85% comprehension.
Social Media and Digital Marketing:
- A robust social media marketing effort will require promotional imagery: 15 Images and 10 factoids specifically designed for Facebook, Instagram, and other popular social media sites.
- Timeline: February 2021
- Website enhancements to feature new videos and quizzes
- Modifications to the home and Safety Videos pages to categorize the series by boating modality (i.e., Paddlecraft, Powerboat, Sailboat)
- Enhanced user experience to ensure specificity in the training topics
- Website maintenance throughout the project period
- Additional enhancements to improve user experience as needed
- Timeline: February – March 2021 for website development with existing content; add new videos and quizzes no later than August 2021
- Produce four (4) new educational video segments (4-6 minutes each) that are high energy and will engage the viewer for the following topics: 1) sharing the waterways, mixed use vessels; 2) launch areas, boater etiquette; 3) channels, how to navigate as a paddler; and 4) safety equipment (i.e., life jackets, personal locator beacon, signaling devices, and other safety gear for paddlers)
- Capture still photographs during the shoot focused on a lifestyle
- Maintain continuity with the existing video series where possible and seek opportunities to better engage the viewer.
- Review and update video scripts as needed to follow a simple storyboard/video direction format, noting boating equipment and prop needs (NSBC will secure boats and props).