Due: November 10, 2020
The National Safe Boating Council (NSBC) is a national nonprofit aimed at promoting safe boating practices through education, outreach and training. The NSBC’s Waves of Hope coalition is a group of forever-changed families and friends impacted by boating and open water tragedies, seeking to share their stories in order to educate others about boating and water safety. It is produced under a grant from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, administered by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Waves of Hope seeks to educate organizations, individual boaters, law enforcement, first-responders, families impacted and others on the ‘why’ behind boating and water safety. This coalition is a group of passionate individuals and families uniquely positioned to be able to help mobilize others to in spreading their message of safety – and hope.
The National Safe Boating Council will provide the awarded agency existing files for the Waves of Hope campaign, including logo and brand guidelines. Learn more at www.wavesofhopeboating.org.
Professional Services Needed Include:
- Design Services: Creative design is needed for letterhead, PPT deck (master slides), web banners (up to 4 total), print ads (8.5”x11”, 2 versions), outdoor banner (4’x6’), roll-up banner (2 sizes to be provided, 2 versions), social media images and GIFs (up to 10 total, sized for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), educational giveaway item (design only), billboard design, re-sizes of ads as needed for paid ad placements, and additional family story cards (existing design, content will be provided, up to 20 stories). Story cards are 2-sided flyer per family (sample front, sample back).
- Video Production Services: Development of a training video series (up to three 45 to 60-minute videos utilizing existing family video testimonials and a recorded virtual panel or individual interviews via Zoom). This may include text animation and other editing as needed. Existing family video testimonials available at https://wavesofhopeboating.org/stories/.
Please note, it is better to deliver a high-quality service in one area than poor products across various service areas.
Target audiences: Recreational boaters (including, users of small [21-feet and less] open motorboats and personal watercraft users). Please see the U.S. Coast Guard’s 2019 Recreational Boating Statistics for further insights.
Assumptions and Agreements
The project bid may not exceed the amounts outlined below for each professional service. The National Safe Boating Council reserves the right to dismiss a project bid for any reason.
- Design Services: $5,000
- Video Production: $10,000
Estimated Project Timeline
The estimated project timeline is November 15 – June 30. Please note, all materials are subject to National Safe Boating Council and U.S. Coast Guard approval, so please plan accordingly.
Any questions must be emailed by end of day on October 31, 2020 to Yvonne Pentz, Communications Director, National Safe Boating Council, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers to all questions will be shared with any agencies interested in the RFP by end of day on November 3, 2020.
The final bid is due by November 10, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT to email@example.com. The agency will be notified no later than November 16 if selected. Bids will be reviewed for: creativity, originality, qualifications and required format.
- Page 1: Letter introduction including agency information with specific qualifications relative to this project
- Page 2: Bios, headshots and contact information of the agency team members NSBC will be directly working with on this project.
- Up to 2 pages: Scope of services and budget
- 1 page: References, 3 current clients and 1 past client
- Up to three pages: Examples of work