Membership in the National Safe Boating Council is open to non-profit and commercial organizations, state and local marine enforcement and boating safety agencies, and individuals that express interest in recreational boating safety. Prospective members are encouraged to complete the membership application and submit the application along with membership payment. Please use the membership categories on the application to determine the appropriate payment. Applications for non-profit or commercial membership status should also submit a brief description of their organization’s interest in boating safety.
Non-Profit or Government Membership is available to federal, state and local agencies involved in recreational boating/educational activities and national, regional, state and local non-profit public service 501 (c)(3) organizations involved in the recreational boating field.
Commercial/Trade Associations Membership is open to international, national, regional and local for profit companies and trade associations involved in recreational boating or boating safety industries.
Your NSBC membership fees provide direct support for programs to improve boating safety throughout North America and to enhance communications in recreational boating safety education. In addition to supporting these important programs, NSBC annual organizational fees also provide direct member benefits including:
- • NSBC Product discounts (instructor kits, sidekicks, Saved by the Jacket, etc.)
- • Access to all NSBC meetings, seminars and training programs
- • Trimester issues of the AnchorLine, NSBC’s informative boating safety newsletter
- • NSBC membership directory, lapel pin
- • Use of the National Safe Boating Council logo for approved purposes
- • Representation among other national and international boating safety forums
- • Complimentary copies of NSBC research publications and /or products
- • Advance copies of NSBC sponsored National Safe Boating Campaign materials
- • Discounts on exhibit space at the annual Summit
Sustaining member benefits include all NSBC basic membership benefits, plus:
- • Up to two sets of NSBC member shipping labels (upon request)
- • Recognition in the NSBC membership directory
- • Recognition in NSBC publications
- • Unique opportunities for underwriting and sponsoring NSBC programs
- • Recognition on NSBC’s web site
Patron member benefits include all basic and sustaining membership benefits, plus:
- • One complimentary registration to the International Boating and Water Safety Summit
- • Special recognition at the annual NSBC awards ceremony
- • Distinctive recognition space in NSBC publications and products
Individual Membership is available to individuals interested in recreational boating safety and boating education. Benefits include the AnchorLine newsletter (3 issues), one-year subscription to GO BOATING, NSBC membership card, NSBC lapel pin and access to all NSBC seminars and training programs.
(Note: Individual Membership is not open to organizations.)